Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Transfers


I have been transferred to the El Paso, Tx! It is so different here than Albuquerque. Its hard to explain how it is different. Well one way is that almost every other person speaks only spanish. The ward I am in right now boarders Juarez, Mexico. I usually see more of Juarez than El Paso. Its crazy! My new companinon is Sister Daines. She is from Northern Virgina. This is her last transfer, so I am "killing' her in missionary terms. The word is progresing! We have a baptism on the 28th of Sept., Her name is Jackie. She is 17 years old and LOVES the gospel. I can't wait for her baptism!! It will be amazing! We have also extended a baptism date of Oct. 12th to a part member family. We know they are ready. And they know it too! They just wanted to pray about it as a family. So I will keep you up dated on that. Funny Story, we went to church on Sunday and we were greeting the members and talking to htem and a man came up to me and was speaking english and I could not understand him at all because of his thick spanish accent. I just smilied and noded and said yeah and um, and yes. I hope I didn't agree to give him $1 million dollards! Haha. I hope I get the language of it.
So I wanted to tell everyone my favorite talk from the Sept. 2013 Ensign. Oh it was a good ensign this month. My favorite talk, I am pretty sure it is my all time favorite Ensign talk, was " The Healing Balm of Hope' by Vaughn E. Worthen! Oh it is SO GOOD! I love the whole talk. I highlighted like the whole thing. My favorite quote from it is from Pres. Monson and it says, 'At times there appears to be no light at the tunnels ends-no dawn break the nights darkness. We feel surrounded by the pain of broken hearts, the disappoointed of shattered dreams, and the despair of vanished hopes...If you find yourself in such a situation, I plead with you to turn to our Heavenly Father in your faith. He will lift you and guide you. He will not always take your afflications from you, but he will comfort and lead you with love through whatever storm you face.' Also later the man said, 'Hope is fed by faith and provides a foundation for charity.' I know that to be true! Thank you all so much for the letters and packages and emails! You are the best family and friends any one could ask for and I am grateful to know and love you all!

Love- Sis Blake
Can you believe I have been out 5 months! I sure can't

No comments:

Post a Comment