Friday, June 21, 2013

Increase your Faith

Hello Family and Friends on the Internet!!! Here's another post from Sister Blake. As always any letters, emails, and/or prayers are welcome. Sister Blake recently was admitted to the hospital for enlarged nymph nodes above her appendix which has cause her much pain and sickness. She was released from the hospital shortly after and is back into the swing of things (this isn't something that is mentioned in her post) but please keep her in your prayers. 

      This week has been an amazing week! We had Zone Conference this week. Many lessons were taught and I received tons of personal revelation! One of the main points of this Zone Conference was a quote from President Hinckley, that states: "Tell the missionaries that if they have more faith they will have more success." I took this to heart. So my goal after I heard that was to have more faith!
      I am going to throw in an excerpt from a personal letter Cassie sent me just because this goes along with what was said and it kind of proves a point: After Zone conference I wanted to do just this .... just have more faith. So once we got home from dinner Sister Stucki had a bad headache so she laid down for 20 minutes and then we started companion study, since we didn't get it in the morning (because of Zone Conference). I told her "let's just stay in tonight since you're not feeling well" and she agreed. 30 minutes into our companion study we both said we need to go tracking. So I looked at the map, picked an area that I haven't been to yet and with only an hour and a half left in the day we went knocking. By the end of that hour and a half we got 5 referrals, 1 Book of Mormon passed out, tons of cards passed out, and a return appointment to a lady who is really interested!!! ... So I have learned as long as you give more faith in him, show confidence, and be happy the Lord will give you success!!!
      I have done just that (have more faith) ever since and because of that we have had the best week so far. One of our investigators committed to a baptismal date and we have 3 new investigators! And of course many more things but those were just the high points. (This seems redundant and unimportant to say but don't look at me I just copy and paste people .... now to wrap it up.) I know if you just apply more faith that you will have more success and that can go with any aspect of your lives. I challenge you all to seek and apply more faith for missionary opportunities. It might be scary but it will be worth it! I promise you it will be worth it in the long run. 

       Love you all! And miss you with all my heart! 
                                          Sister Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment